The last couple of days I’ve been quite busy, spending time with a friend and my usual computery routines (well, a little amended).
1. The Lake District – on Saturday I went to the Lakes with my friend Hannah. It was a spur of the moment trip but it was rather lovely to do. The weather was beautiful (as my face now proves!) and we didn’t really do much, but it was just lovely catching up and spending time with a friend.
2. The Postmistress – I finally got to read some more of my book. I’m weird, in that I don’t read much at home, I read better on public transport so I got plenty of time on my train journey to do so. I’m really enjoying this book.
3. BUTTON BISCUITS! I originally saw these biscuits on pinterest.com and I thought I would give it a go. Mine don’t look quite as awesome as the ones on there, but I did add an additional twist of Strawberry Laces to make some of the buttons look like they had thread on them!
4. My PJ bottoms – I made these myself, using my sewing machine and the AWESOME fabric I picked up. They may not be perfect, but for a first attempt at clothing they’re not half bad!
5. The Mentalist Series Finale – I could talk about this forever and still not say very much. The episode isn’t on channel 5 in the UK, until Friday. But I downloaded it because it’s apparently best to watch the two-parter in one go. I was watching it with my Mentalist-loving friend Tracie and it was so wonderful to do that. After the episode we both could barely speak and I filled a whole notepad with notes – most pages ended up with NO and OMFG written on a page alone. I got so shocked at one point that I had O, M, F and G on separate pages. I think it was the greatest finale I have EVER seen. So amazing and full of such wonderful twists and turns. I was gobsmacked for the majority of it and I don’t know if I have ever seen anything that good before. I recently watched Pirates of the Caribbean 4 and well, The Mentalist finale wiped the floor, windows and doors with that film.